Wednesday, February 17, 2010

PB and J Sandwich

My stomach was growling and turning. I have worked up an appetite after moving all my things into my new apartment. I only had a few things in the refrigerator. Peanut butter, grape jelly, and a loaf of wheat bread on the counter. Perfect. The peanut butter was hard and cold and ripped up the bread, thanks bright idea. I didn't care, I was hungry. I shoved the torn up, cold, sandwich in my mouth like I haven't eaten in days. That is when I had my first bite of independence.
I was 18 years-old. I was just starting to get used to the fact I was alone. By myself. The feeling was liberating for a few hours... Then I started feeling lonely and second guessing myself. I pulled myself together and realized that this is life. Whether you have someone with you or not, you are alone. Reality is what made my meal perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment